Australia enjoys amazing summers, as you probably know and that means having the right shading in your outdoor relaxation area. You might have a couple of old umbrellas that provide you with essential shading and if you are looking to replace them, there are quite a few types of awning, which we highlight in this short article.
- Fixed frame awnings – Aluminium frames are bolted to the wall, providing solid support and with a wide range of materials and colours. This type of awning can withstand stormy conditions, making it ideal for Australia. Talk to a provider of awnings in Central Coast and let them design and quote for permanent shading. Regardless of your garden shape or size, custom awnings will give you the shade that you need, and a long product warranty brings you peace of mind.
- Automatic awnings –Silent motors move the awning to the right position, there are weather sensors that automatically adjust the shading to suit the conditions. The ultimate shading solution is a fully retractable roof, which would be a significant investment and worth it if you are planning to stay a long time. There are varying levels of automation that you can choose, from full to partial and with weather sensors, you get an update on the weather before it arrives.
- Folding arm awnings – Perfect for those narrow spaces, a folding arm awning has enclosed folding mechanisms to protect the system from the elements. Pitch adjustment is a hi-tech add-on that follows the sun throughout the day, keeping your terrace shaded, and with rain and sun sensors, you don’t have to do anything. The supplier regards each job as a new challenge and they have seen it all when it comes to weird terraces and can design a unit that delivers.
- Pivot arm awnings – As the folding awning, with the addition of a pivot point on the frame, which is perfect for smaller spaces. If would like to learn more about the various types of awnings available, search online for a leading Australian awning supplier and ask them to send a technician to your home and you can discuss the many options.
- Ziptrak awnings – State-of-the-art technology brings you effortless operation with Ziptrak awnings, these are straight up and down awnings that work as blinds and the units are tailored to fit the window, door opening. The concealed mechanism prevents damage from the harsh elements and the remote control gives you fine shade adjustment.
As you can see, there are quite a few types of awnings and we recommend approaching an established awning supplier, who can design the perfect shading for your terrace. A home visit by a technician is the best way to discover the most suitable type of awning, while the representative can provide you with an all-inclusive quote for any design. Now is the perfect time to look at awnings, with summer only a few months down the road.